This Bulgarian rural house made of bricks is located in a village 21 km away from Elhovo (a Bulgarian town in Yambol Province, on the left bank of the Tundzha between the Strandzha and Sakar mountains) and 8 km away from Topolovgrad. Topolovgrad and the surrounding area have otherwise been inhabited since ancient times, as evidenced by the dolmens found at Hlyabovo and the Paleokastro fortress that may have been built by the Thracians.
The Black Sea coast and Bourgas city are only 121 km away from the village.
This nice house is located at the end of the village. The house has 80 sq. m living area. This house has one storey. There is a kitchen, a living room, two bedrooms, a corridor and a lumber-room. Close to the house there is a summer kitchen that spreads on 40 sq. m. It is separated in two rooms. There is a garden that spreads on an area of 1200sq.m and comes with several extra buildings outside and a workshop. There is also a parking lot and a garage. In the village there are some stores, restaurants, a church, a school, a regular bus transport. The roads are asphalt.
According to the scientists, the region of Haskovo was originally settled about 7 thousand years ago. The history is confirmed by some evidence from the prehistoric, Thracian, Greek, Roman, and Byzantine periods.
After the liberation from the Ottoman Empire in 1878 Haskovo became a centre of high-quality tobacco area (Bulgaria's largest cigarette manufacturing facilities are located in the town).
Topolovgrad and the region that surrounds have otherwise been inhabited since ancient times, as evidenced by the dolmens found at Hlyabovo and the Paleokastro fortress that is supposed to have been built by the Thracian people.
The geographical situation on the Bulgarian border with Greece and Turkey and our sophisticated history has made this area as a cross-road of different cultures, religions and ethnic traditions.